BucksFit 5K Run/1k Fun Run
Fitness and Healthy living for all ages. A popular local run in Northampton's Municipal Park. Back for 2013 Elementary School Category! Northampton Parks and Recreation and the Healthy Kids program invites students, grades K - 6 , to participate in the Elementary School Bracket. Represent your school! Combined Times from the top finishers from each school will determine top honors and a donation to the physical education program of the winning school.
NEW - Volunteer Opportunity available. Click the link below to register to volunteer for this event. You will be contacted at least a week prior to the event with details such as time to meet, event start and end time, and any specifics for that event. Thank you for offering your time and service to Northampton Township Parks and Recreation.
Date: April 27, 2014 Registration: 7:15am - Check -in will take place at the Playground Pavilion off of Hatboro Rd. - Rain or Shine
LOCATION: Northampton Township Municipal Park
Race Fees: (* t- shirts,while supplies last)
Grades K - 6 $10.00 (Thru 4/1) $12.00* (4/1-4/27)
Ages 13 thru Adult $20.00 (Thru 4/1) $22.00* (4/1-4/27)
Awards and Light refreshments will follow the race.
For more information call 215-357-6800 ext. 249
Special Thanks to Sponsors:
Bucks Physical Therapy & BucksFit and Joe Saracino- State Farm Insurance
To download a Municipal Park Map CLICK HERE
5K RUN COURSE:
The run will start at the playground pavilion following the green loop towards the amphitheater and around the back of the park, horseshoe area, passing the playground to the yellow star. Then the course follows the black loop up towards the maintenance garage, along Hatboro Rd and back along the parking area to the star. The final mile will then take a left at the star and following the green loop in the opposite direction, passing the playground, horseshoe areas, butterfly garden and ending at the finish line just past the amphitheater.
Race Time Line
- 7:15 am Registration
- 8:30 am 5K Run starts
- 9:00 am 1K Fun Run begins
- 9:30 am Refreshments
- 10:00 am Award/Presentations
Award Age Divisions
5K Run awards will be presented to the overall man, woman & child, along with age group awards for the top three males and females in the following age categories:
Under 12 yrs.,12-15 yrs,16-20 yrs.,21-29 yrs, 30-39 yrs,40-49 yrs, 50-59 yrs, 60 yrs & up
Elementary School Division
- Northampton Parks & Recreation is partnering with Pennsylvania's Healthy Kids program to challenge local elementary school students to pursue the benefits of running and fitness.
- A special Elementary School 5K division category will combine the average times from the top 5 finishers from each school to determine top honors.
- The winning school will receive a trophy & a donation toward its’ physical education program
- When registering you must indicate what Elementary school you will be representing in the 5K Run
- Early Resident Savings –(ERS) Northampton Residents registering at least one week prior to the start date of the program will pay the Early Resident Savings Fee (ERS). The ERS fee is not listed below, but will appear during the checkout process. Mail in registrations must be postmarked at least one week prior to the start of the class in order to receive this savings.
- You will receive a confirmation of your registration via email after you register. Please make sure you have a current email address listed in your account.
- Click below on the dates/times to see the when the class takes place.
- Click Here for Departmental Information